What 学术 Advisors Do
学术 Advisors collaborate with and support students as they work toward their academic, personal and professional goals. Advisors are committed to being accessible, providing accurate 信息, being sensitive to student differences and maintaining a respectful and caring environment.
In short, we help students with many aspects of their college experience.
Some of this may include the following:
- Getting to know our students and regularly checking in with them.
- Monitoring students' academic per为mance and progress.
- Providing 信息 about 澳门水利博彩官方网站's curriculum.
- Helping students explore majors, minors, specializations and careers.
- Assisting students to plan and register 为 classes.
- Giving students 信息 and tools to understand their program requirements.
- Helping students create a semester-by-semester 毕业 plan.
- Clarifying college policies and procedures.
- Engaging in problem-solving when issues arise.
- Referring students to other college resources and support systems, as needed.
- Celebrating student success and accomplishments!
How Students are Assigned to Advisors
Each student in an 澳门水利博彩官方网站 degree program is assigned to a specific advisor. Some advisors work in the Advising Office and others do not. If you're not sure who your advisor is, please call us at 414-382-6029 or email email@example.com and we can help connect you.
- Associate of Arts Students work with both a Professional Advisor and the Director of the Associate of Arts program.
- Undergraduate Students in the Weekday Women’s College are initially assigned to a Professional or Promise Scholar Advisor in the Advising Office. 一旦学生 have declared a major and achieved a specific level in their curriculum, they are transitioned to a 教师 Advisor in their program of study. Note: Promise Scholar students work with both a 教师 Advisor and their Promise Scholar Advisor through 毕业.
- Undergraduate Students in the Nursing 2 + 2, 完成程度 and Accelerate Programs are assigned to work with a 教师 Advisor from initial enrollment through 毕业.
- 研究生 work with a 教师 Advisor in their discipline from initial enrollment through 毕业.
We encourage you to schedule an appointment with your advisor at any time. If you're thinking about changing your major, are confused about program requirements, have run into a problem, or want to double check your course selections 为 the upcoming semester, please contact us.
If your advisor works within our Advising Office (Professional and Promise Scholar Advisors), they may contact you periodically to meet with them 为 a specific type of advising appointment. This includes the Best Start meeting (a get-to-know-you conversation 为 students new to 澳门水利博彩官方网站), the Advising 101 meeting (where we discuss 毕业 requirements and the tools 为 tracking your progress), registration planning, 毕业 planning and academic check-ins.
Generally, we try to meet with our advisees at least once a semester. In some cases (such as with new, 苦苦挣扎的, or Promise Scholar students) we'll require additional meetings.
Is something on your mind? Schedule an appointment with your Promise Scholar or Professional Advisor and meet with us via phone, Zoom, or on campus in our offices.
The Advising Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. You can find us in Founders Hall (FO), room 121, across from the cafe.